From:
Anne Andrianos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2006 07:54:33 -0700
What a great! opportunity to be able to give solid answers about  "problems" with breastfeeding in a widely distributed magazine for pregnant and new families! Who cares if it has formula ads? This  is exactly where the breastfeeding voice needs to be! Level the playing field...give women the truth...

Perhaps you are concerned about the possible damage to your reputation by being published in a "formula friendly" magazine? IMHO, BF people tend to keep to themselves way too much ..." preach to the choir" so to speak...so writing for a wider audience may have a wonderful effect. So many people, lay and professional, don't hear the BF message well and often, in part because we don't go places, speak in places that are populated by formula or other types that we disagree with. In the end, people often hear the wrong message. (I am well aware of the WHO code and LC ethics, but sometimes we are pretty rigid and with what outcome?) Just food for thought.

Of course, one needs to be extremely careful about what and how everything is phrased because we all know too well, the one poor comment will wind up in bold print. It is good that a legal mind will have this chance.

Let us know when it is published..then we can all write positive letters to the editor. Anne Andrianos, Syracuse, NY, USA