From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:14:28 -0400
We have laminated licenses that explain Vermont's Right to Breastfeed law
(Act 117). Our local licenses have my name and phone number for more info
(LLLL and prez of VLCA!) - I've only gotten one call in four years! But I
have a copy of the law, and the phone number for the guy to call if a mom
and baby's civil rights are curtailed because of ignorance.
These licenses are a big hit: the dads think they are a stitch. In Lamaze
class they will play with them and pull them out of their pockets: "I've got
a license to breastfeed!" And I think it's a good idea to assume everyone
would be happy to have you breastfeed there. Wasn't it the Navy's first
female admiral who said, "It is better to ask forgiveness than permission" -
or was that my nursing professor!
Dawn Kersula
just over the border from Massachusetts in Brattleboro, VT