From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 22:41:29 +1000
Mandy wrote:
> Firstly maternal nutrition is a public health problem in countries like
> India. The problem is not the breastfeeding but the need to address the
> public health aspects of malnourished women; better economics, education
of
> the woman to teach them how to cook low cost noursihing foods etc. I
could
> almost write a paper about putting the cart before the horse! I have
heard
> about one Clinic/NGO in India that is dealing very effectively with the
> problem but "admitting mothers" and teaching breastfeeding as well as
hands
> on cooking of low cost culturally appropriate food for the family.

Why don't you write just such a paper. Sounds like there is enough data and
it sounds like it would definitely be helpful. You also sound like you know
the situation well maybe you could find someone at the clinic that feeds
mothers instead of babies to collaborate with.
Karleen Gribble
Australia
   _ ---_l\