From:
Helen Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2008 15:15:09 -0000
 Jane
Ardo medical are  the UK branch  [quite a small firm] of  the Swiss  firm
Ardo and are the UK  suppliers of the Egnell Ameda  hire   pumps  [as well
as the  smaller ones] which as Nancy says  have been around for a long time.
I understand that  some of the early ones are still   out there still
working,  this long life span must be good for hospital budgets.  They
antedate by decades the Evenflo take over.  In Britain until v recently they
were the pump found in  most hospitals.  In the past I've heard mothers say
hey  feel more comfortable with the flanges on the Ameda collection set but
maybe by now Medela produce a  wider  range of sizes.   Medela  seem   now
to be  marketing  very assertively to hospitals  so  their pumps might  be
more common soon.  Ardo  medical  do not, I understand, want to violate the
code and I am sure that if we can send them suggestions of wording  to
replace any that is  thought   dodgy they would  consider changing the
website and their literature when it comes up for reprinting. Pumps in
Britain  are not seen as the necessity  they are  in the States,  but if a
mother finds  one useful   for her  personal situation, eg prem baby I'd
rather she had a good one than a useless one.  I get calls passed on by
midwives/ health visitors who think  I might be able to hire them a pump.  I
do give them details of the pump agents nearest to them, and how to  hire
directly, but always give them the opportunity to talk about their situation
and often there are ways to help without  bothering with a pump.  Whether
the mother goes on to  obtain one I don't always know ;if  I  say that
these are ideas which might help  while you   are waiting to get one,  if
they help she might decide by herself that she doesn't need one.

Helen
LLLL England

You are promoting another breast pump company which is owned by a toy
company.