From:
Terri Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2011 15:34:12 -0400
Dear Collegues,
I wanted to follow up with the mom I posted a week  or two ago. She states her baby feeds frequently and feels he may not get enough fat in her milk to satisfy him. I did suggest she add olive oil and a good Omega 3 fish oil in her diet as well as block feeding one side until the other side fills to see if this helps. This is the correspondence I have received  from her. Maybe you can help me guide her better.
She has not had any weight loss surgeries. He was 7lbs. 11 oz. at birth and 7lbs. 6 ounces at discharge. This is her second baby and she said she had the same problem with that baby. He was born on 4/27/11. His last weight on May 18, and weight was 9lbs. 11.8oz.  This is the described feeding pattern 12:19-12:34, 12:45-12:51, 1:10-1:21, 2:10-2.35, then the other side, 2:58-3:15, 3:30-3:39, 3:59--4:11, while doing block feeding , nursing more like every hour during the day occassionally 2-3 hours gap once and then every 2 hours at night.
She is having help during the week and on week-ends her husband helps with what he can.
I think baby-wearing may help her during the day so she can feel her arms free to do other things. Please e-mail me privately, [log in to unmask]
Thank you,
Terri Klein, RN, IBCLC, RLC