From:
Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 10:57:09 -0600
>Who on earth knows why some areolas are large and others are small?  I've
>seen some ethnic differences.  KD please help us out here!

Probably just one of the many body parts that vary from person to person
within  geographic populations and also vary from one part of the world to
another.  Like ear shape and size, whether you have hair on your knuckles,
amount of body hair, etc.  Not necessarily any adaptive or functional
significance to the variation.

-------
Katherine A. Dettwyler, Ph.D.                         email:
Anthropology Department                               phone: (409) 845-5256
Texas A&M University                                    fax: (409) 845-4070
College Station, TX  77843-4352
http://www.prairienet.org/laleche/dettwyler.html