From:
"Milam, Lynn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 09:28:17 -0600
I have read several posts about others opinion of one handed pump.  I first
received one early 90's when I was breastfeeding my first child. I thought
it was a great concept.  However, I was unsuccessful with using it.  I was
unable to get milk out using this pump.  I also tried to soft insert to see
if would help with comfort or pumping.  I had been using a Egnell electric
breastpump (ancient model- hospital grade which I used at work) with the
Medela  double pump kit with great success.  When I delivered my second
child in 2001- I began using "Purely Yours" with great success.  I had a
opportunity to talk with the rep for one handed pump (Ameda) again.  She
told me piston had been lengthened and gave me one to try.  Again
unsuccessful.  I'm not saying this is a bad pump, but like with any pump,
they don't necessarily work on every breast type. Some times one must shop
around to find the one that works for you.  Just to let you hear from
someone with different outcome.  I have also used Medela hand pump and pump
in style with great success.

Best wishes to all in 2003
Lynn Milam, RNC
Mother of two exclusively bf children