From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 19:01:19 -0400
>Also, it turns out she was
>very embarrassed by a nurse who tried to help her latch on her second child
>and handled her breasts a lot and the baby very roughly and felt embarrassed
>to have someone handle her breasts in front of her family.

OK, here's the social worker in me coming out. When someone comes
to you with a question that doesn't seem to make sense, or you
can't figure out where it's coming from, it is useful to probe
what is the REAL issue is. getting one level below the surface
will often yield the question, or situation that really needs
to be addressed. This is true of our clients, our children, our
spouses and our co-workers.

Another lesson from social work school. When probing (gently) for
more info. don't ask "why". It's a question that is often impossible
to answer.

 Naomi Bar-Yam