Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2011 12:41:49 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
Pat says <Jean says-" but "fiddling with finding all my proof of CERPs" yet for 2011"
. . . . . My desk is currently about 4" deep LOL, so this is my laugh for you today and 
remember to make a place for CERPs to go as soon as you get them.>

Pat, I confess to being a "slow learner" in that category. I do have such a file, but don't always discipline myself to use it promptly. Not only my desk, but my couch and two tables in the dining room, plus my study, and about every other flat surface have papers. I, too, love paper, and the printed word has always seemed somehow "sacred" and a shame to throw away;-) At least in my car, I have separate "satchels" for needlework when I stop in the shade, for my choir music, and for letter-writing as I pass the post-office, etc. I have difficulty using the "round file" "in case I might need it someday (but where in the stack???)" To make this post breastfeeding related, much of the paper in this household is now devoted to lactation references;-)

Didn't find out I have ADD till I was over 65, so I blame brain chemistry for wanting to leave the mundane for the exciting (A&P, etc.;-) "Cleaning up my mess, or cleaning my room" always somehow seemed like punishment. I think my mom gave up on trying to teach me to keep order at an early age, cleaned up behind me while encouraging me to get out of the way to read, play the piano and do needlework from age 6 upward . . . . teachers, and supervisors, and family responsibilities gave me the necessary "oomph" to do it, (in some cases, obsessively to avoid criticism) most of my adolescent and adult life, but now that I have fewer responsibilities to anyone, my child of the past inside of me is having a field day!

Thanks for the reminder. I will try harder.

K. Jean Cotterman RNC-E, IBCLC
WIC Volunteer LC, Dayton OH

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2