Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 23:21:54 EST
In a message dated 1/7/2000 12:32:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I once saw a pictorial postoperative guide for patients--it was great!!
I've
 thought of using it but the graphics part stopped me.  I wasn't sure I could
 find/draw exactly what I wanted.  I stil think it might be the best
 alternative of all.  Even if someone didn't speak English they could see the
 pictures.  Anyone want to work on this with me??

Jeanne, this is so smart!  It makes me think of the safety cards on
airplanes.  There, too, they 1) want everybody to understand it, 2) are
telling it to you before you need it but want you to remember it later, and
3) you can find it quickly in the stuffed seat pocket, even if its full of
magazines and tissues and ticket stubs, and 4) if you do need to check it
later, when the emergency is happening, they want you to quickly be able to
locate on it the specific information you need.

The more I think of it, the more I think that -- if you can afford to print
in color, but it can't be much more pricey than, well, a pillow case, now
that so many institutions have color printers or color photocopiers -- this
might really be a great model for patient information.    And the lamination
makes it hold up better, and makes it also even more noticeable among the
other paperwork and junk.  Lamination is relatively cheap, too, I think --
and even more effective at saving it than plastic sleeves, purple folders,
etc, since the sheet doesn't come out of its protector while you are using it.

Anyone every seen anything like this?   Someone want to hire a graphic
artist?   This could be cool.

Elisheva Urbas, nyc