From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 22:55:13 -0700
HI All,
Have recieved no responses to my last two quiestions, so I thought I would
ask one more time.
I need any info you may have on a med called : Ergoloid Mesylates
(Hydergine)  I can find nothing on it.  We would like to know also if the
following combination of drugs would be a problem for the infant (7 mo old
and BF well).  We already have discussed each drug on its own and know that
Elavil has concerns, and that Baclofen is AAP approved.  The other drugs
appear to be OK as far as milk levels go, and mom is OK with them if she was
only taking one at a time.  However, she would like to take all of them
together.  Apparently, she was on the following regimine before pregnancy.
She has a pretty bad case of fybromyalgia and is absolutely miserable right
now, in a lot of pain and desperately wants relief.  She does not want to
wean the baby.
Starting next week she will be taking:
amytriptaline (Elavil)   10 mg 1xday (night)

She would like to be able to take-
Nimodipine (Nimotop)
30 mg 3 x day

Baclofen
10mg 3 x day

Ergoloid Mesylates (Hydergine)
2 mg 3 x day

Lamotrigine (Lamictal)
25 mg 1 x day (morn)

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Second, the allergy to the stainless steel crowns on an 18 mo old.  Has
anyone seen this before?  Does anyone have any ideas of what might help get
rid of a contact dermititis where the contact cannot be eliminated?  Mom has
tried everything she can think of.  Her Dr gave her a tube of Diprolene AF
cream 0.05%  It is a brand of augmented betamethasone dipropionate.  It has
.64mg of this betamethasone dipropionate in an emollient base.  She has been
told to use it once a day to see what happens (this was a "guess" by her Dr
as he had no idea what might help her and wanted to give her something to
try that might help).  We have the info on the betamethasone as an oral
treatment and know that it is a powerful steroid, but have no info on it as
a cream.  Is this something she would have to wash off before BF?  She is
using it sparingly, and puts it on right after the baby goes down for the
night, so she gets at least a few hours (2-5) before the baby BFs again.
She has not seen any effect yet, but has only used it once as she just got
it Tuesday night.
Any help on this issue too, will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch everyone!  Please e-mail privately as I am WAY behind on my
reading.

Hugs,
Jay
Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, CA
"No Miracles performed here, just a lot of love and hard work."