From:
Lyla Wolfenstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 08:44:04 -0700
forgive me if my suggestions are too obvious, but i thought i'd throw them
out there anyhow, maybe something will help:

 >The baby has has problems with gas that the mom says has increased since
 >using more Breastmilk. Symptoms are typical 'colic' type. Pulling legs up,
 >screaming, generally at night. She cut everything out of her diet. No
change.

did you check with her about what "everything" means?  lots of time moms
replace dairy with lots of soy, or do not get all the dairy or other
offending item out of her diet or not long enough to make a
difference.  but diet is not the first place i'd look, personally . ..

 >Oh-stools yellow and seedy and lots of them, gaining weight well.
 >She feeds ev. 4 hours. The nurse at her peds office says "Just feed formula"
 >, so , she does and WHA ! LAA! no more crying jags.

gaining well on feeding every four hours at this young age, and behaving as
if in pain, screams at me a possible over active letdown/oversupply
issue.  how well has this baby been gaining?  like gangbusters?  does baby
feed every four hours in the middle of the night too, meaning, only 6 times
in 24 hours?  does baby choke and splutter at the breast?  i would approach
this as oversupply if the answers to these questions are yes. . .

Lyla Wolfenstein