From:
Vicky York <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 12:23:35 -0800
Lori: The mom in question developed mastitis, fever, aches, red splotch,
etc. The dr. prescribed a med and it didn't take effect, just slowed down
the symptoms which then flared again. She went back and he guessed it must
be staph and changed the med. I don't know what the meds were. But she came
home from the hospital with cracks in both her nipples that she said
occurred on the first day when a floor nurse told her how she nursed the
first day didn't matter as far as technique. She was in a state of
engorgement and pain for 2 weeks.  After all of this she has chosen to pump
and feed the baby bottles as she felt she was losing fun time with her baby.
Disappointing. She will be lucky if she can keep her supply through the
growth spurts and the typical fast paced life we live. But I digress now.
Vicky

http://www.spiritone.com\~vmyork

*