From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:51:53 +0100
I'm interested in this also from a viewpoint of considering if a newborn
has received anti-biotics via the mother's milk, would it still be
'exclusive' breastfeeding?  (Or, indeed, received anti-biotics in their
own right?)

I ask, as after I took anti-biotics at day 3, my son developed thrush
through his tract and out his bottom, and we'd 6 weeks of hell,
including the skin around his anus and scrotum disintegrating into an
open wound.  I'd always felt that if I'd know about pro-biotics, we
could have saved this horror by giving him some until my anti-biotics
were done with, and have passed this advice onto others.  Now, I feel I
must clarify exactly what I'm saying... if that makes sense?  For my
milk surely had far less, to no, pro-biotics due to the presence of the
anti-biotics?

Isn't that the point of supplementing with them during anti-biotic use?

This is a general question, bouncing off Lynn's, not suggesting Lynn is
the 'answer-holder'! :-)

But this is to Lynn: is it easy to culture your own, and if so, how?

Morgan Gallagher