From:
Arly Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 1995 22:42:51 -0700
>1. Mom did not take my strong suggestion that she visit pedi.

>3. Baby looks skinny. .. No clue
>what he weighs now, mom doesn't have a scale (neither do I)

I'm lucky to work in a hospital so have a scale available for outpatient
consults, but on phone consults where I have a question about baby's
well-being I tell patients to take the baby in for a weight check so I can
help them assess the situation.  Since this mom has made a decision not to
visit the ped, this is a little harder, but I would tell her that just
checking the weight wouldn't be billed as an office call, if money is the
issue.  Of course, if the weight loss were great, the nurse would strongly
advise her to make an appt with the ped, also, and this time she might do
it.

Arly Helm

[log in to unmask] (Arly Helm, LC)