From:
The Mullers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 06:37:28 -0400
  _____

Ann, I'm sorry I'm  few days behind on my e-mail, so someone else may
have suggested this.  But I don't think it is the multiples that causes
the milk delay , but thc c-section. At least if it was  a planned
c-section. I see this daily. Without going through labor and all it's
attending hormonnl releases, there seems to be delayed lactogenesis II.
That can be combated in most cases with early and frequent feeding
and/or pumping. But it often isn't until day five or more that any milk
comes in. and many mothers are not patient enough. Also formula does
have to be given for awhile and when mothers see baby satisfied after
the bottle and screaming at the breast, they often give up.

Cheryl Muller RNC IBCLCccc