Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 03:11:05 -0500
At 10:09 PM 8/28/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone else find too many pediatricians prescribing m------ drops for
>crying babies instead of finding the real causes, such as insufficient
>breastfeeding, not holding the baby enough, etc.  I think it is used too
>much & advertised too much in baby care magazines these days.

Do you find that it works?  I have had only one mom, out of hundreds, who
said that the stuff makes any difference. Meanwhile those little ones who
are given it are "contaminating" their pristine GI tracts.

It is advertised to the Peds too. And they find it easier to tell mom to
give the drops than to admit that they haven't any idea what is causing the
baby to have gas pains. I wonder how many mothers tell the ped that the
sugary stuff didn't help the gas pains.

Pat Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
mailto:[log in to unmask]