From:
"Sara D. Furr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:30:04 -0600
Cathy, I experienced this itchiness during letdown with all of my children.
It does seem to have become more intense as my second approached her second
year of nursing.  And then after the birth of my third child, I discovered a
"lump" in my armpit was actually supernumerary tissue from which I can
express milk.  There are no "nipples" but just a lump from which I can
squirt milk.  Actually, the milk does appear to be squirting from hair
follicles. (Yes, I used the plural as it can come out in 2 or 3 follicles.)
So as I read your post asking for personal experiences related to itching in
the axillae during letdown, I wondered if there was a connection between the
supernumerary tissue and the itchiness.  Just a thought.

Sara Dodder Furr, breastfeeding advocate and volunteer
Lincoln, Nebraska where is snowing AGAIN and winter seems endless