From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:27:34 -0500
Melissa,
When a mom is going to go to block feedings, I do suggest that they pump to
comfort. I call it "take the top off" - and they always seem to know just
what I mean! Most of them will return to work soon and are glad to have a
little insurance supply for their freezer, and it seems to fend off blocked
ducts, mastitis and the misery that can come with them. There must be enough
ILF in the milk that continues to stay in the breast, to tell the breast to
back off!
Dawn Kersula
LLLL 25 years this year, IBCLC 16 years, RN and LCCE 20 years -- and still
struggling to shed the Us v Them mentality on a daily basis, thankful for a
sense of humor!!