From:
Barb Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 17:42:04 -0600
From: coleb                Thu Jan 11, 1996 -- 05:30:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]@
Pardon me if this has already been posted at an earlier time.  I wonder if
the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative step calling for all mothers to
initiate breastfeeding within 30 minutes of birth has been officially
altered.  I have heard many people here in the US talk about this goal being
changed to say that breastfeeding is initiated during the recovery period
after delivery.  If this has been published somewhere, I have missed it.  I
need this information to update my hospital's goal for the Children's Miracle
Network funding that is allowing my position as the hospital LC 100% this
year and hopefully continuing at 65% next year.  Could anyone help me?