Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 02:02:13 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (37 lines)
Geez, I've always thought this was called bonding/attachment and is a normal part of motherhood to get to know your child and recognise his language as your baby will learn to understand yours when you both spend time together as much as you can.

Warmly,

Gonneke, IBCLC, LLL, being just a bit cynical in rainy southern Netherlands

Heinz and Annette Mueller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Ladies,

Did you see the Oprah show today???? There is an Australian woman who has researched and tells of a "language" that babies are using to tell us when they are hungry, uncomfortable, sleepy, gassy and need to burp!!! Look at this. I am in awe!!!

For millions of sleep-deprived mothers around the world, this woman's findings could be a miracle! Priscilla Dunstan, a mom from Australia with a special gift, says she's unlocked the secret language of babies.

When Priscilla was a toddler, her parents discovered she had a photographic memory for sound. At age 4, she could hear a Mozart concert on the piano and play it back note for note.

Priscilla says her gift has helped her hear a special "second language" beyond English, allowing her to detect moods and even diagnose illnesses! "Other people might hear a note but I sort of get the whole symphony," Priscilla says. "So when someone's speaking, I get all this information that other people might not pick up."

That mysterious second language took on an astounding new meaning when Priscilla became a mother to her baby, Tom. "Because of my gift for sound, I was able to pick out certain patterns in his cries and then remember what those patterns were later on when he cried again," Priscilla says. "I realized that other babies were saying the same words."

Listen to the secret language of babies for yourself! » 

This is going to help save babies!!! (and make my job a little easier)

Annette Mueller, RN, BSN
Lactation student

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET email list is powered by LISTSERV (R).
There is only one LISTSERV. To learn more, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2