From:
Susan Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:47:17 -0700
A new tv talk show, The Rob Nelson Show, begins today
on Fox.  On Friday September 20th one segment will
discuss longterm nursing, focusing on nursing past 6.
In my area it airs at 1pm.  The mothers featured on
the show are from LA and Salt Lake.

I hope many of you will watch or tape the show.
Please comment!  There is a website for the show, and
of course we’ll all be interested in your thoughts on
Lactnet.

I understand an effort was made to get a rise out of
the audience.  I also know the producers received
accurate anthropological and biological information
from some wonderful breastfeeding advocates.  It will
be interesting to see the final presentation.

For those unfamiliar with Fox Television, it is known
more for sensationalism/entertainment than education
and there is evidently quite an audience.

On Friday I’ll watch with local experts: a group of
nursing mothers.  Get out the popcorn.

Susan