From:
Mary Ann Brehmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 1996 21:17:05 EDT
Hi All!   I've been away recuperating from surgery.  Now I am ready to tackle
the digests I have and will have.
You have all been great in covering every subject I can think off but I don't
remember anything about pierced nipples.  I have a mother who is in her early
pregnancy who still has the rings in her nipples.  She would like to breastfeed
very much.  She is wondering if the scar tissue will interfere with her feeding
her baby and if it  would make a difference if she removes the rings now?  I've
had no experience in this sort of thing but a according to what I have read any
blockage could interfere with the normal flow.  Has anyone come across with this
problem before?    What can I tell this mother?
If you have heard this similar message on the August 28th  I ;m sorry but  I
sent my request for mail in wrong again and didn't receive any mail that day.
Thanks in advance!
Mary Ann Brehmer RN, IBCLC-- Hospital based Lactation Consultant who only works
on contingent,  6-8 Hours a week but accomplishes much.