Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:38:56 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Marianne writes:
"...I was interviewed a couple of weeks or even months ago. I received a copy of the magazine last week and low and behold... formula-1-ad on the back cover!  I hate to be in a magazine that does this? I complained and the midwives 
organisation had already complained as well. Response...? "It slipped through", but now I'm in there... Like I said: how far away do we have to be to be Code-compliant?..."

I would seriously consider pushing for the magazine to print a visible notice in some conspicuous spot in the next issue, apologizing for letting the ad 'slip through' and making it clear that you, Marianne, among others complained about the ad because you support and uphold the Code.  If they really are contrite, which IMO is not likely, they could print a blurb about what the Code is, to try to make up to you, the Midwives' assn., and the babies they are selling short by running inappropriate ads.

Nobody with any sense would condemn you for having been interviewed by someone who got the article into a magazine that let this ad 'slip through'.  It's obnoxious but it doesn't affect your ethical track record.

Good luck
Rachel

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2