From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2014 08:16:46 -0500
sample of one grandchild - ended up being allergic and asthmatic, BUT not while BFing!!  Resisted solids.  Mom & I both felt baby knew best r/t what foods bothered her tummy.  Progressed slowly, not much solids at all before 16 mo.  Adult now.  Eats!
The one drop Vit D - rather than put dropper in baby's mouth, why not put drop on her finger?  or add Vit D,  iron and zinc to any food she does eat--breast milk in bottle or cup???
I also agree with putting a food on plate or bowl AT  table.  Are family meals routine? or do they all sit in front of TV???  Baby needs to see others eating and enjoying foods in a focused (ie: at table) situation.
I also agree that small amounts to play with, maybe taste is the best way to go.  I'm always telling parents, small bowl, small plate (my APN side).  Babies do get overwhelmed with large amounts.
Another point about toddlers in general - none of them eat anything (according to mom).  They just keep growing on air :-)  Left to their own devices they can and will eat enough.
Pat in SNJ