From:
Willow Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 21:14:19 -0600
I agree with Jack's mantra: let the person who makes the rule show the supporting evidence.  Still, I have always liked the logic of the breastfeeding-and-pregnancy corollary:  breastfeeding may indeed pose a danger to the pregnancy *if that pregnancy is fragile enough that sex has been banned as too dangerous*.  I would suggest that sex, including sexual breast stimulation, is far more likely to cause orgasm (and therefore the possibility of ongoing contractions) than is nursing a toddler.  'Course, different strokes and all that, but....  So, here's the rule:  *First* the OB has get the expectant father to agree that his wife/partner is sexually totally off limits throughout the pregnancy; *then* the OB may forbid breastfeeding if further protection is needed.  Does this old gem of wisdom still stand??

Willow  in Detroit Michigan, where it was 70F this weekend and is snowing and blowing now, with wind-chills in the minus 4 vicinity.  I do love a midwestern spring... not.