Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 23:08:30 EDT
In a message dated 4/3/1 1:30:26 PM, :

<< A breastfeeding mom has bee  discovered to have a gall bladder that is
diseased and will need to be removed.  The doc told her to quit
breastfeeding now because of the toxins that are circulating in her system.
HOWEVER, they will not be taking the gall bladder out for about 4 WEEKS!

Tell me, have you ever, ever heard of this? >>

Yes, believe it or NOT, I think I have heard of just such, actually a rare
medical phenomena, but my understanding is that as soon as the patient is
about to be examined, just as the examiners hands are hovering above the gall
bladder.... the poisonous gall bladder toxins are transferred directly into
the examiner, a kind of therapeutic touch gone awry! ...... which
unfortunately, may cause an acute neurological deficit in the examiner, which
may account for that particular breastfeeding advice and also for the 4 week
delay in treatment in spite of dangerous blood toxins.

So my advice is that this patient's examiner should definately not
breastfeed, and in fact, should not have nipple stimulation *of any kind*
until his gall bladder is removed. Stimulation of nipple or any other such
erectile tissue would just be too risky until this condition is resolved.

But don't take my word for it, I may be thinking of, or have this mixed up
with, some other rare medical phenomena.....ask the AMA or the National
Inquirer about this and let me know if I am confused.

Debbie Tobin
RN BSN IBCLC LCCE
Springfield, Virginia USA
In the suburbs outside the Washington DC beltway