From:
Joya Bezette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 1996 18:47:04 -0600
Hello friends;

Linda Smith suggested I get support to help deal with the stessful learning
experience I have had with the FTT/Diabetic duo recently. Let me tell ya,
you people have been the greatest! Thanks, you really went all out. I also
had local support with our WIC office personel and others.
 I visited this couple yesterday, and I sensed a change in the home. The
mother's eyes looked clear, and she seemed alert and attentive to what was
going on. I think there was some post partum depression, and thanks to those
who mentioned this possibility. I observed a feed, baby was fussy, he did
nurse one side, then after refusing the other side, mother gave a bottle. I
let her talk about her feelings about what had happened. We talked about the
baby's medications, his thrush, diaper rash, her current insulin use,
formula feeding, her husband's feelings about continued bf, and other
things. I also discovered she has yeasty nipples. I had been waiting for it
to come into the picture. We talked about serious vs. for-fun SNS use. I
wouldn't have suggested it had I felt she was still in La La Land. This is
her last baby, says this is her last chance to bf. She really wants to try.
I also asked her to have the baby weighed at the WIC office in a week, "it
would make us all feel better to know he's gaining."
 Will let you know what the outcome is. I hope we have a gaining baby soon,
and I really don't care what makes him fat, we just want him fat! Thanks all.
 Ain't learnin' great?!

Joya Bezette
LLLL, WIC PC
Student LC