Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 2009 21:59:02 GMT
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
Well, I felt I needed to let you guys know what my manager (nurse mgr of mother-baby) told us LC's today. I have been on Lactnet for over 10 years, usually a lurker.

I work at a university hospital that trains OB and family practice residents and we have 200+ births per month with a 65% BF rate.

For the last 4 years during WBW, we have made our famous breast cupcakes with different colors for breast, areola, and hershey kiss for the nipple. This is just a fun thing and we give them out to the nurses and doctors in L&D, mother baby, NICU  and have never had any complaints! Everybody loves them. I have heard of other LC's doing a similar thing.

Well, today, we are told that a man in the hospital's marketing department who was given a cupcake for helping us with a BF promotion poster, is complaining of sexual harrassment! We are not to apologize or mention this to him. My manager "hopes this will go away". She is supportive of us and said she listened to the VP in disbelief. This man actually said it would be the same if he brought in cupcakes with penises on them! 

Has anyone else had a problem like this? 

Kris Nilson RN BSN IBCLC
East Tennessee

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2