From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 19:34:13 +1100
Hi Adria,
The International code is about marketing not selling so it would be
entirely possible to sell bottles and teats and be code compliant. You could
not advertise that you were selling them nor put them "on special" etc but
you could sell them. The difficulty I see however, is the packaging that
teats come in...most seem to compare themselves to breastfeeding and present
idealised images....you might have trouble finding any that you could sell
in original packaging and with original instructions and not be in
breach....
Also watch out for pump marketing that breaches the spirit of the code.
Karleen Gribble
Australia

What are your thoughts on the appropriateness of selling these items to the
general public?  Do you believe that nipple shields are within the scope of
the
Code as well?  I will not do any special promotion of these items or donate
them to any entity or offer reduced any prices.  May I still offer them to
customers or will I be inviolation of the Code?  As a retailer of products
within
the scope of the Code, may I still perform educational functions such as
breastfeeding workshops and parenting classes as long as I don't mention any
of these items?

I have searched the archives, but haven't found any completely relevant
entries.  I am sure this group will have lots to offer!!

Thank you,
Adria Ramos