Jennifer Tow <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 01:15:34 EST
In a message dated 3/26/00 9:24:41 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Now 2 weeks later, her supply has come way up, for the past week she's been
breastfeeding exclusively, until few days ago when babies were fussy and
supplement by bottle given, approx 3 oz/24 hrs.   She feels she doesn't have
enough milk because babies, especially one of them is on the breast all the
time during the day but feeds well during the night when her breasts are
fuller and he sleeps longer. >>

I realize you may have addressed this already, but by my calculations, these
babies have just hit a growth spurt--could this be a factor? I usually warn
mothers ahead of time that at about 6 weeks, they may suddenly feel as if
they " have no milk" and that they should not be fooled by this into
supplementing vs allowing unrestricted access to build supply.
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC. CT, USA