Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 10:46:31 EDT

Susan writes:

Judy  mentions starting a forum for dialogue.  I'm wondering if she could
become the first
NYLCA Liaison to develop such a forum to build links  between the private
practice, hospital
practice, and public health based  IBCLCs?  Currently NYLCA board members
are all in
private  practice.

NYLCA has a history of this, albeit brief, when a panel of people met
including doulas, LLLLs, IBCLCs in private and hospital practice, a few years
ago. Well maybe more than that since it met at Elizabeth Seton Childbearing
Center, which has not existed for a while now, right? Also, it sounds like
the  Fall NYLCA conference might have an opening for this.  Coming to a
separate  forum might get lower turnout, but a conference is  a ready-made
audience.  I apologize for those of  you for whom this sounds like it should have
been  a personal response, since it felt like that to me, as well, but since
there  does seem to be interest in how to deal with these issues of real or
perceived  misinformation, I decided to reply publicly for now. Also, I
included the  original subject line in case someone was searching archives for
how this  evolved and got to a dead end when the subject shifted.

Peace,
Judy

Judy LeVan  Fram, PT, IBCLC, LLLL
Brooklyn, NY, USA