From:
Jan Cornfoot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 17:45:01 +1000
I've previously mentioned that the SIDRF in Australia hosted an
international symposium of experts and have changed the previous risk
factors list for their media campaigns to delete bf.
 Dr Patricia McVeagh (a SIDS paed. consultant) presented the reasons for
this within a session on evidence based medicine at the Lactation College
of NSW Conference (200 participants) last weekend, and it was very
credible, although for lcs a disappointment. I believe there might be
audiotapes available and if so, will post that information..
The SIDS press release (which probably won't include the sort of info lcs
might want) could be accessed through the SIDRF Exec Director, Kaarene
Fitzgerald: [log in to unmask]  or fax +61 3 9822 2995.
Incidentally, the Lactation College of NSW has 300 members and with similar
colleges in Tasmania, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia form an
Australian Network of Lactation Colleges with about 500 LC members..
Jan Cornfoot
CAPERS, publisher of Birth Issues Journal