From:
kersula family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 08:36:03 -0500
Early menarche, while sometimes taken lightly, is worth looking at very
closely.  One of my dear friend's daughters (who was
soy-formula-fed....hmmm) was diagnosed with a pineal gland tumor when she
began menarche at age 8.  At age seven we were already trying to figure out
what was going on and looking for a pediatric endocrinologist who would
listen:  Brooke had worse body odor (at age 7) when she drank milk from a
specific dairy.

She's now a lovely senior of seventeen with a time bomb still in her head.
Hopefully fancy laser surgery will be able to help when her tumor begins to
grow again (often in early 20's).  Ironically, in the days before MRI, these
tumors weren't usually diagnosed until autopsies of young adults.

Hoping this is not what's going on with this young girl.....Dawn Kersula RN,
FACCE, IBCLC in southern Vermont