From:
Susan R Potts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:25:25 -0600
 Dear Loni and all,
       You  may want to use several MDs in your sources of information.
Dr. Jack Newman's new book is excellent, also print out some of his web
pages.   Also cite Dr. Lawrence's book, Dr. Hale's.  You may want to say
something diplomatic such as 'newer/recent research is showing.........'
or  'Flexible feeding seems to work best for  most moms/babies'   in
hopes of cushioning the blow to their egos.
    It sounds like control issues are flaring up at your
hospital.................Yuck!!!!!!!!!!! How I hate that!!!  Can't we all
do what is best for the moms and babes?????   Some docs just don't want
to admit they don't know something.   Do you have a medical director for
your lactation program?  Can you find one sympathetic and knowledgeable
or teachable doc in the bunch?  Is your manager supportive of you?
     Best of luck (you'll need it) and keep us posted.

     Susan in Minnesota
     rn ibclc