Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2016 00:03:54 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (32 lines)
"Date:    Fri, 1 Apr 2016 13:40:47 +0000From:    "Gordon, Patricia (DHSS)" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: SCHEDULED FEEDINGS & MOTHERING

"My mom once told me that my brother (1937) was on the "official" 4 hour schedule and she would sit with bottle ready outside his room while they both cried until it was time for the bottle.  I was luckier on a 3 hour schedule (1941) and my sister was luckiest (1956) fed "on demand."

My mom also told me the same thing-she would sit outside my bedroom door crying while I cried alone in my crib because I wasn't happy with the 4-hr feeding schedule, but she stuck with it.  That's what the doctor said to do.  How sad. ....P. D. Gordon RN, BS, BSN, IBCLC"

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leaving a baby to cry is bad for the baby, bad for the parents, and bad for the parent-child relationship.  I keep wondering if CIO will someday be linked to Depression or other mental illnesses.  
Julie T.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Date:    Fri, 1 Apr 2016 14:26:00 -0400From:    Jennifer Kiesel <[log in to unmask]>Subject: Re: Supplementation of the preterm infant
In our NICU, we send babies on EBM fortified with Neosure to provide the added minerals to support development.  Most mothers are told they may directly breastfeed a few times a day but need to provided the fortified milk until following pediatrician tells them they can wean off."
Neosure ingredients:Water, Nonfat Milk, Corn Syrup Solids, Lactose, Soy Oil, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Whey Protein Concentrate, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Coconut Oil, Less than 0.5% of: C. Cohnii Oil, M. Alpina Oil, Beta-Carotene, Lutein, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Carbonate, Soy Lecithin, Monoglycerides, M-Inositol, Ascorbic Acid, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Carrageenan, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Bitartrate, L-Carnitine, Potassium Chloride, D-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Potassium Phosphate, Calcium Pantothenate, Salt, Cupric Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Phylloquinone, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin, Potassium Hydroxide and Nucleotides (Adenosine 5'-Monophosphate, Cytidine 5'-Monophosphate, Disodium Guanosine 5'-Monophosphate, Disodium Uridine 5'-Monophosphate). C. Cohnii is a Source of DHA. M. Alpina Oil is a Source of ARA.

If preterm infants need specific minerals, why not give them only those minerals?  Why expose them to all this other stuff?  I don't work with preemies; I'm truly asking, and not rhetorically.
Julie Tardos

===="Females prepare ourselves enough to know that we will never be prepared. So, every decision and choice we make about our body is always the right one."--Kayla Q, Questions I've Been Asked As a Midwife

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2