From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 07:49:20 -0500

<< Lactnetters, I have a question for those of you who may have an answer!
 Is
 it true or untrue that some 40% of women over the age of 40 have trouble
 producing enough milk for their infants  due to premenopausal  hormone
 fluctuations?  I personally have never heard of this, so if it is true,
 please provide documentation.

I've never heard a specific statistic on that -- I have seen it in practice
-- but usually only in a first time older mom.  And I haven't seen it that
often.  Seems like the moms with abundant milk supplies are generally in
their teens or twenties; and the ones with difficulty are in their late 30's
or early 40's.  I wonder if Adrienne Barbeau (age 51) is going to nurse her
twins!!

Jan