Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:36:45 EST
Thank you Jan B. for the acknowledgement. I'll bet if I was an RN, I'd make
more
$$ :-). I did OK when I was in private practice, although the part time job
really paid the rent. I know lots of PP LCs who make the bulk of their income
from pump rentals, product sales and other "ancillary" products. Unfortuately
the cost of a home visit in the area I live in, can be prohibitive for many.
I'd really like more input and ideas on how to hook up with a physician (like
you have done). My program relies on Grant $$ and I may be on the street
again in a few years.
    On another topic entirely, I'd like to know if the Private Practice and
Hospital Based conferences I used to attend still exist. I'd like to do
something similar in the Chicago area someday. I really enjoy networking and
learning from the experiences of others.
Oh and I'd like to apologize for my inadvertent "flip" reply to the Reglan
question. I did not realize the poster was from another country and did not
intend to be unsupportive of my colleague.
Mary Kay Smith, IBCLC
Romeoville IL near Chicago USA