From:
Peg Merrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 20:40:04 -0400
It has always been my understanding that green stools are the result of milk
passing through the digestive system too rapidly, thus not giving the bile
time to break down and digest completely.  The green color is from excess
bile. This is fairly common in the early weeks and months of breastfeeding
as babies sucking needs are frequently bigger than their stomachs.
Peg Merrill, B.S. IBCLC (Former WIC nutritionist)