From:
"Laura A. Mundt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:27:08 -0800
For what it's worth, I talked to the facilitator of our new mom's
groups and she said in the last couple of years she has come across
two moms following this parenting style and she didn't report good
things about either of them.  These particular moms didn't even
bother to try to comfort their babies--just held them and let them
cry.  The facilitator said she suggested breastfeeding, trying a
different hold, moving around, but the moms just sat there, smiling
and holding screaming babies.  Obviously, any parenting "Rules" can
be taken to the extremes.

Laura Mundt, MA, ICCE
Portland, OR