From:
Lynn Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 09:02:40 EDT
In a message Mellanie writes:

> Almost 2 weeks ago mom began using the same breast for 2 feeds =
> in a row.  Baby was better for about 5 days but is now back to the same =
> behavior.  I suggested to mom that maybe baby is unhappy with slower =
> flow but I don't think that is the whole problem..."

Hi Mellanie,

I don't believe you have mentioned in any of your posts but have you seen
this Mom and baby at all?
Has contact been via telephone and email only?   I realize that LLL works
differently but as an LC, I would have insisted on "seeing" this pair well before
this point (or Dc'd contact). Until someone actually looks at this baby's
mouth, latch, feeding behavior, Mom's breasts, nipples, fullness and letdown
characteristics all speculating is just that, particularly at this point when the
scenario has become even more complicated.   Perhaps it IS as simple as the
Mom not recognizing the point at which the "same breast" feeding became
unnecessary for dealing with the overproduction/OALD and actually began to limit
intake and stall wt. gain but this puzzle is not coming together as is.

Lynn Shea Rn,Bsn,Ibclc
Franklin,Massachusetts