From:
Denise Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 15:26:02 +1000
I concur with Joy. I, too am old enough to remember the introduction of the
metric system - and how easy it is now, and what a pain it is to keep
having to convert the US ounces to mls or grams so I can understand the
emails. Hurry up and convert US - it really is easier :-)
Ironically where I live though some things just don't change. When a baby
is born and I tell the parents it's say 3,700 grams more often then not
their first question is 'what's that in pounds?' and this is from young
couples who never used anything but metric before.
Height is something I can't get my head around too - I'm 5'4" and just
can't remember what that is in cms.

Denise
Brisbane, Australia