From:
"Carol Schlef, RNC, MSW, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 14:07:27 EST
Hi all,

I hit "reply" on that last post, thinking it was a private post from Pat, then
realized it went to ALL of you!  Sorry.

Anyway, I've gotten a lot of good ideas from y'all.  THANKS!  Keep 'em coming!
Here's what I'm leaning toward so far:

#1:  Getting Started:  Something from the baby's perspective. He's looking up
at
the nipple as the large breast comes closer and a bubble from his head has
pictures of a nice dinner e/g steak, potatoes , chocolate cake and his thought
is: " this is one time I can really make a meal out of this"

#2:  Returning to Work:  Split panel:  mom is at work, looking at picture of
baby while she pumps, other panel has baby, looking at picture of mom while he
takes bottle (with sad face, of course!)

#3:  If Problems Arise:  Split panel:  Mom on phone to dad:  "I'm still having
trouble getting the baby to latch on right" Dad (at work in hardware store):
"How about if I bring home some Velcro?"

#4:  When to Wean:  Mom & toddler walking by a building with sign "BestCare
Nursing Home", and child asks, "Gee, can we go in and nurse??"

Give me your votes--or other ideas!  Please post privately so I don't gunk up
the listserv again!  I'll be happy to post the "final choices" after Mosby
approves them!

Smiles,

 Carol