From:
Jennifer Tow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 13:24:54 EST
In a message dated 1/5/1 6:10:30 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< The unsoothable baby with "colic" and the infant who just eats
and sleeps are both exhibiting hypothyroid symptoms.>> <snip>

<<.In the health history, the director said to make sure to document
her infanthood, especially the infrequent bowel movements.

<<Just thoughts about this crying baby and others when everyone thinks
it is what the mother is eating.  I think thyroid history should be
questioned in the family.  Often it is not diagnosed for years.>>

Judy,
Thank you so much for posting this. I do not at all believe that food
allergies are always the cause, but I do

It  turned out so with both my daughters taking thyroid hormone
now, as does their dad who also has a very low basal temperature.
(This can be taken under the armpit before getting out of bed
in the am or by taking the temp of the first morning urine.)
He is a night person and late ariser as were both my daughters,
even as infants and young children.  It is possible they are
also on a 25 rather than 24 hour circadian rhythm. >>