Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2007 08:30:43 -0600
On Dec 15, 2007, at 7:39 AM, LACTNET automatic digest system wrote:

> So eat well and exercise, Ladies.  The time will come when it'll be =
> easier to implement some of the more "accurate" practices.  We just
> have =
> to be there to seize the day.

Which reminds me of a conversation we had at BirthCircle yesterday--so
much of the intervention in moms and babies really is necessary because
of the lack of good health to begin with.

  We can't fault our local hospital nurses for not knowing how to handle
a mom who wants no intervention when most of what they see is moms who
smoke through pregnancy and live on Snickers and Mountain Dew (for
those who are fortunate enough to *not* know what these are, it's a
candy bar and a seriously caffeinated, artificially colored carbonated
drink) and NEED intervention.

  Lots of these premies are doubly disadvantaged because the womb wasn't
an optimal environment either.

Off to order a winter's supply of nettles and rose hips :)

Lynn in MO