From:
"T. Easterday" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 13:17:06 -0600
Hi Lactnetters,

I have a question I'm hoping one of you may be able to help with.  A mom
in my current breastfeeding class takes 25 mg of a medication called
Serentyl every day for insomnia.  I have not been able to find this drug
in my references, but she was unsure of the spelling.  She has suffered
from this condition since high school and has tried many other drugs
with no results.  She has continued to take the medication throughout
her pregnancy.  The doctor has told her that they don't know what it
will do to the baby and if it is born healthy, she shouldn't press her
luck by breastfeeding!!  She thinks this is a drug usually used for
another purpose, which has a side effect of inducing sleep.  Any clues?

Thanks,
Anne Easterday, CCE, LLLL