From:
Lemon3146 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 21:51:36 EST
I like to emphasize in my class that if at all possible...couples should spend
the first few days home with eachother and baby (other children if
present.)..and avoid interruptions from well meaning family and friends.  All
too often breastfeeding takes a turn for the worst when there are too many
opinions and words of wisdom given from poorly informed helpers.  That narrow
field of confidence they go home with gets even smaller when they are filled
with doubts..."maybe you don't have enough milk", or "I couldn't breastfeed
either"...comments that intimidate rather than support.
Sharon