From:
Pardee Hinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 1995 18:20:42 PDT
Hi, Marilee
The shooting pain sounds like nipple/breast yeast to me.  Your description of
the pain moving from nip to chest and that it feels like a knife going in are
key symptoms for yeast in the milk ducts.  Did she have yeast anywhere prior
to delivery?  Antiobiotic therapy prior to this diagnosis of breast
infection?  Anyone else in the family have yeast?  Meat eater?  Sugarholic?
I have begun to dread yeast cases as the strains we are seeing now are so
resistent to treatment.  The mother I saw 2 days ago who had breast yeast
said the pain "took my breath away".

Pardee