From:
Pardee Hinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 08:36:29 -0500
I am glad we have touched on the subject of babies nursing grandmothers, etc.  I
think that it is natural for babies to want to breastfeed when they are in
comfortable loving arms, have a breast nearby, and are hungry.

All three of my children checked out the feeding situation when they were with
my mother.....would have breastfed too if there had been any breasts!!!! In
fact, one of my children verbalized the fact that the reason he did not nurse at
my mother's house was because of the lack of breasts.

Pardee Hinson, MPH, IBCLC
Charlotte, NC