Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 22:39:23 +0100
>It is my understanding that most ABM's are  "adequate" nutritionally for
>a 1mo (4wo) infant. Disregarding the fact that we all know that is still
>galaxies different than Human Milk, This may be why follow-up formula is
>considered  OK for 8wo babes.

Follow on milk is not suitable for babies under six months according to our
dept of health and the health professional organisations. It is illegal to
market it as such in the UK . Babies before that age have to have standard
formula.  Follow on is less modified than standard formula and the iron
content is comparatively high.  I think, too, the sodium is higher.

I am not sure if you have the same distinctions in the US, but we are
talking about different products.

Anna - I'm glad you've told Baby Milk Action.  They monitor these
violations as you know.

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK